MINDBURNER 3, 5 and 10 into 1 MIDI auto switch
Product Code: AUTOSWITCH
Units in Stock: 5
MINDBURNER MIDI AUTOSWITCH
Please note this is not a MIDI merge unit. Only one input can be used at a time. Otherwise MIDI notes may hang. It just automatically switches to whatever keyboard is now being used.
3 into 1 OR
5 into 1
10 into 1
What does it do?Got MIDI controller keyboards and don't want to have to keep unplugging them? Then this MIDI switcher will do the trick.
It will automatically transmit the MIDI data for the keyboard currently being played.
This midi device allows one of 3,5 or 10 MIDI inputs to control a MIDI slave. It's especially suited for people with say 3+ master keyboards who record into a sequencer. Any one of the master keyboards can be used. One keyboard may have velocity sensitivity and the others not. One of the keyboards may have better performance controls than another. So it might be cool to use that for some recording.
Or you may play live and have a number of keyboard controllers at different parts of the stage.
How is it powered?
Comes with 2.1 to USB lead to power from USB source (0.75m L)
Can also use pretty much any 5-6v DC 'wallwart' type power transformer. With a 2.1 mm female plug. Positive on the Tip of the plug.
How do I connect it?
- Plug in master controller keyboards into the MIDI IN jacks
- Connect a MIDI lead from the Mindburner MIDI auto switch MIDI output to your slave units, computer DAW, sequencer MIDI input.
- Plug in said Power adapter/USB lead. Green LED lights
- Job done
Why not just do a MIDI merge?
Yes it would seem that this would be a great solution. Basically merge units usually require coding and a microcontroller to handle the task of merging 3 MIDI data together successfully. A reasonably difficult task to do right. I do stock a nice 2 way merge also available in my Web shop.
- Saves unplugging MIDI leads
- Reverse polarity protection
- DC power LED
- RED MIDI signal LEDs. These show incoming MIDI data, neat! Can be used to test cables etc.
- Very fast with no noticeable drop.
- Designed and built in N Ireland
- High quality reliable design
- 3 year warranty on normal use
- Rugged RS sourced 5-pin din connectors, and IC's.
- Dimensions 100W x60L x20H mm.
- Power consumption 30mA
|Bulk Buying Options|
|2 up to 2|| ||£27.99||per product|