Mindburner Studio Edition dual 10 way MIDI thru
Product Code: DUAL10
Units in Stock: 1
MINDBURNER DUAL 10 WAY MIDI THRU
What does it do?
Got a lot of MIDI gear? or maybe have some GAS. Want to control more than one module or synth?
This device is essentially 2, separate and distinct 10 way MIDI thru devices.
Channel A is a 1 to 10 thru device
Channel B is identical
There is no noticeable signal drop or delay in it's design. This device saves daisy chaining all your keyboards i.e. linking one device to the next. It provides full signal (sysex, clock etc) to slave devices.
How is it powered?
Comes with 0.75m L 2.1 to USB lead to power from USB source like a phone charger (not supplied)
No USB? Can also use pretty much any 5-6v DC 'wallwart' type power transformer. With a 2.1 mm female plug. Positive on the Tip of the plug.
A quality 5v USB iphone/android 1.5A+ type power supply is ideal
How do I connect it?
Plug in a master controller keyboard MIDI out into the MIDI IN jack on channel A of the splitter.
Plug in slave modules, synths and drum machines etc..into the 10 MIDI thru jacks on that side
repeat for channel B
Plug in said Power adapter/USB lead.
Will two 10 ways do the same job?
Sure but having two units in one board is a nice solution for larger MIDI setups and it's cost effective.
- Can be USB powered (best avoid cheap unpowered hubs)
- Output from one channel can be fed into the input of the other to create a 19 way MIDI thru
- Reverse polarity protection
- DC Power LED
- MIDI signal LEDs X2 Show incoming MIDI data
- Buffered schmitt trigger logic for high signal fidelity
- Very fast with no noticeable drop. High speed opto isolated IC design.
- IC is socketed using quality turned pin socket, so in the very unlikely event of a fail, IC is easily replaced
- Passes all relevant MIDI signals, sysex, channel etc.
- Designed and built in N.Ireland
- High quality reliable design, tested before dispatch.
- 3 year warranty on normal use
- Rugged RS sourced 5-pin din connectors and IC's.
- Dimensions 200mm L x100mm W x25mm H
- Power consumption 78mA